The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer protocol used by the UAC-8 is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. The result? Low latency (2.0ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples) for improved performance from your DAW software, and a stable data stream that is unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source.
AD / DA conversion
The UAC-8 uses high-end components such as the AKM AK5388 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4413 digital-to-analog converter. In addition, the UAC-8 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the UAC-8 processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
In standalone mode, the UAC-8 can be used as an 8-channel mic preamp and analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog converter without being connected to a computer.
The UAC-8 is one of the most versatile interfaces ever. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad!
18 inputs and 20 ouptuts
The UAC-8 provides a wide variety of both analog and digital connectors. Eight front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs accept mic- and line-level signals, and you can even plug instruments directly into Inputs 1 and 2. Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a Phantom Power switch enables the use of condenser microphones.
The UAC-8 has dual balanced analog TRS output jacks for connection to monitors, and there are also 8 discrete balanced TRS analog line outputs for multichannel monitoring or connection to external effects devices.
A large front-panel Output knob offers fast control over output level, and there are two independent ¼" stereo headphone jacks, each with its own dedicated volume control, for private monitoring.
Digital I/O, MIDI
8 ADAT and stereo S/PDIF digital inputs/outputs allow for the connection of up to 10 external channels, and built-in Word Clock enables easy integration into any system. In addition, MIDI In and Out is provided to allow interfacing with devices such as electronic keyboards and drum machines.
Extend your capabilities with software
UAC-8 MixEfx is a free application designed specially by Zoom for the UAC-8. It provides a comprehensive onscreen mixer, with independent level, phase reversal, and panning control for each channel. UAC-8 MixEfx also allows you to freely route all inputs to all outputs and to create custom mixes. In addition, MixEfx features effects like reverb and echo, and complete mixes can be stored in three different memory slots, allowing instant recall.
• 18-in/20-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
• Record and play back 8 tracks simultaneously
• Support for up to 24-bit/192kHz high‐definition audio
• Ultra-low latency audio streaming (2.0ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples)
• 8 combo balanced XLR/TRS analog input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
• High‐performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
• Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass (INPUT1, INPUT2)
• Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
• Switchable +48V phantom power (INPUTS 1‐4, INPUTS 5‐8)
• 10 balanced TRS output jacks for connection to mixers, amplifiers, self-powered speakers, or effects devices
• Dual front-panel 1/4" headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
• Large knob output volume control
• 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
• Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
• Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
• S/PDIF IN/OUT: 2IN / 2OUT, up to 24‐bit/192kHz audio resolution
• ADAT Optical IN/OUT: 2 IN / 2 OUT at 192/176.4kHz (S/MUX4 compatible), 4 IN/4 OUT at 96/88.2kHz (S/MUX compatible), 8 IN / 8 OUT at 48/44.1kHz
• Word Clock in/out
• Clock source indicator
• MIDI in/out
• Rack-mountable (1U space)
• Works with all USB 2.0 and 3.0-equipped computers and iPads*
• Steinberg Cubase LE software download
* Apple iPad Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.